Saturday, October 25, 2008

Soaring Wings Half Marathon



Today was a great day! I accomplished a goal of mine. I have been wanting to run a half marathon under a certain time and I did it!!!!! I ran it in 1:53:37. 13.1 miles in under an hour and 55 minutes, that is about an 8:41 minute mile. Yes, I was happy because my old body has not been feeling good with running lately. That time really isn't that fast but because it was a local race and only about 650 people signed up I was able to win 3rd place in my age division. I got a trophy!! My children think I won, we will just let them think I am a winner for once and not a loser mom!!!

8 comments:

Janae' said...

Congratulations. That is a great accomplishment, I am glad you blogged about it.

Martindale News said...

Congrats t you! Love the pictures! It was fun cheering all of you on. We didn't stick around because Doug's legs were cramping and he wanted to go to the fitness center to sit in the whirlpool. You guys look great after running 13 miles!

Amy said...

congrats Amy- thats a huge accomplishment! It would take me
3x as long just to walk it..lol

Sue said...

I'm so happy for ya girl! Your my hero and I will always think of you as a winner in my book! Maybe someday I'll do a half with ya...it may be a walk though:)

Organized Chaos said...

Daniel is pacing now--wondering how to get his time up. Oh he is so jealous. I am so very proud of you.

Katie said...

You're next goal can be to kick my butt across that finish line in that time next year. Congrats! I was so proud of you guys and totally impressed.

C and T Orvin said...

Hey there Amy!!! Love the Julia Roberts comment! She is still top on my list! Glad to see that you are still exercising...I even struggle on how to spell that word much less actually doing it! :) I love that you have a blog. So much easier to keep in contact now. Lets see if we can get Liz on board now.

Amy said...

Amy- i tagged you on my blog.Go over and take a look.